Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Good News is Findable


Thank you to the bloggers, filmmakers, service members, and their families who remind us from time to time that there are a lot of positive things going on in Iraq.

I recently received a comment to one of my posts about good news from a blogger named Kari...with a K. After reading her comment, I perused her blog site, and found many things that I wish I had found and posted on mine. Kari has done an excellent job since her blog debuted in October of finding the good news needles in the haystack of bad news.

Kari's comment came at a good time for me, because I've been doing a bit of second-guessing of myself lately. Was the year I served in Iraq worth it, or have I just been able to convince myself that I don't have a psychosis? She's reminded me not only that it was worth it, but that there are still many soldiers and civilians in Iraq who think serving God's children of any race or religion is worth it.

I have made Kari's blog a member of my blog roll. Thanks Kari for lifting my spirits with your comments.

By the way, here is a link to my favorite of Kari's posts so far.

In the post, Kari links to an award-winning documentary movie called Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West. I encourage you to check it out.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Frank,
Thank you so much! I am pretty new at this and I appreciate the kind words!
It does get a little discouraging sometimes - I wonder the same things - minus actually being there. But then I come acrossed blogs like yours and find little nuggets I wouldn't have found otherwise. It does help to know there are others doing the same thing as I am; trying to get the info out to counter the other negative stories.
Thanks again,
Kari